Online Quotes. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Crampton enjoys May’s firsts – a daughter and a victory

Richie CramptonBy guest blogger Kurt Wirth, marketing


The past couple of weeks have been exciting times for GEICO-sponsored Top Fuel driver Richie Crampton. After his daughter, Emma, was born on May 20, Crampton approached the upcoming Toyota NHRA Summernationals with a renewed vigor. In his rookie season, he notched his first career Top Fuel victory at the event on Sunday and hits the record books as just the second-ever Australian-born pro winner in NHRA history.


Crampton’s win came at an opportune time. His father, Al, was in town visiting due to Emma’s birth and standing on the starting line to witness the big win. “The timing was perfect,” Richie gushed. “I had a really tearful moment with Dad at the top end when he arrived down there. He’s the reason I’m racing. The sacrifices him and my mum made taking me to go-kart races and the drags back home when I was a boy, all the encouragement – I simply wouldn’t be here without them.”


The battle to victory wasn’t an easy one. The final round came down to a .029-point and .009-second difference against points leader Doug Kalitta. “I’m absolutely over the moon with this win,” Crampton said. “I already know I’m the luckiest guy in the pit and now we’ve proven it. This is beyond anything I could have ever imagined.”


Crampton was a member of the pit crew for GEICO-sponsored driver Morgan Lucas before getting the opportunity to replace Lucas behind the wheel last year. We’ll keep you updated as Crampton’s push for Rookie of the Year honors progresses.


I love a good underdog story; don’t you?






from GEICO Blog http://ift.tt/1pNenWO

via IFTTT

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1utqc4e

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment