Online Quotes. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Play ball! Get ready for baseball’s best

?????????It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and not because the kids are back in school, although that’s nice, too. Rather, I refer to the wondrousness that is playoff baseball.


I’ve been an Orioles fan almost all my life, and we’re giddy to have our team back in the post-season. It has been WAY too long since 1983. But since 2005, I’ve become a Nationals fan first, just as I was a Senators fan first way back in the 1960s and early 1970s. So I’m doubly excited to have BOTH of the teams I support in the playoffs and, I hope, destined to meet each other in the World Series.


But between now and then, baseball fans everywhere – especially those who root for the Dodgers, Cardinals, Tigers, Angels or the other playoff teams – are in for a great roller-coaster ride, with peaks of exhilaration when our favorite teams are winning, and stark despair when things aren’t going so well. As a Nats fan, I’ve only experienced it once, two years ago, when Washington won the NL East, only to lose in excruciating fashion to the Cardinals in the first round. But that series also featured a walk-off homer in Game Four by the Nats’ Jayson Werth to extend the series to the final game. In all my years as a sports fan, that was one of the most exciting moments I’ve ever experienced.


There’s nothing comparable to the intensity of playoff baseball, which increases with every pitch, every at-bat, every inning, every game until the winner is determined. And for GEICO employees who are also baseball fans, like me, there’s an extra measure of pride in knowing that GEICO is a sponsor of Major League Baseball, and in seeing our logo displayed in the teams’ ballparks.


That’s not going to be much comfort if our teams don’t achieve the success we want for them, but it might ease the pain a little. Play ball!






from GEICO Blog http://ift.tt/1veHf9N

via IFTTT

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1E5Lue8

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment